Thanks to the wealth of data available at our fingertips—such as Google Analytics, social media insights, and customer behavior information—clients, bosses, CEOs, and customers can (and do) hold marketers and marketing departments accountable to their contracts and promises. Successes are measurable. And, conversations are rooted in science, data, and fact, rather than something like, “Just trust us, this campaign is working.”
At Red Wheel, we’re rolling with the Inbound Marketing momentum. Our marketing machine is working, and we relish the opportunity to discuss numbers with our partners—current clients and potential clients.
Here are a handful of handpicked Inbound Marketing stats to get your wheel turning:
- 61% of your potential customers are asking search engines questions and doing online research before making a purchase. Is your business providing the answer? If not, your competitor is and they're carving out market share.
- 8 out of 10 people identify themselves as blog readers, and 23% of all time spent online is spent on social media sites. Marketers used to say “More and more people are reading blogs.” That comment is OLD-SCHOOL! Now, the truth is: Everyone is reading blogs and they’re sharing informative, analytical, helpful, and entertaining blog posts with their network via social media channels. This new customer behavior is exciting for inbound marketers! To leverage how your dream customers are now acting online your business MUST have a robust blog and be active on pertinent social media in order to compete.
- Nearly 50% of the companies that implement inbound marketing efforts will see a 25% increase in ROI compared to companies using outbound marketing methods.
- Inbound marketing platforms and channels can deliver up to 300% higher conversion rates on campaigns versus traditional outbound marketing campaigns.
- Research by HubSpot illustrates that 75% of users (ie. Your business’s desired customer) have NEVER scrolled past the first page of search results like Google. That’s right, only ¼ of your potential customers have ever even ventured into the dark chasm of search engine results past page one. Here are a few things to note about this very important stat:
FACT #1: Your business has to rank well for a variety of searches in your vertical to even be in the conversation versus the competition. SEO matters!
FACT #2: SEO is a subset of Inbound Marketing. Thus, Inbound Marketing will make your business matter. It’s science!
At the risk of being verbose and geeky, we decided to only keep this post to a handful of stats about inbound marketing. But, there’s a lot more where those five came from. For those who are interested, check out these resources…
RESOURCES for further posts on this topic:
- "Inbound Marketing Stats" by HubSpot Blog
- "The Ultimate List of Marketing Statistics" by HubSpot.com
Do you have an article, resource, or statistic about Inbound Marketing that I didn't include but you think is valuable? Please let me know! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and I always welcome marketing dialogue...